Thursday, January 17, 2008

There’s a southern accent where I come from…..

I’m writing this entry from our van on the way to our first of four shows this weekend. Today we play a show in Ocala, Florida. The Whiplash picked Dan and I up in Nashville yesterday and we drove all the way to Valdosta, Georgia last night. Matt, Chris, and Mark are flying right now from Detroit to meet us in Ocala. I was slightly jealous that they were flying instead of driving with us, but then I didn’t care anymore once I realized that we were driving through Gainesville today, the hometown of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers! I was stoked. So as we drove through I put on a little Tom Petty soundtrack to listen to. First I put on “Hometown Blues” and then closed it out with one of my favorites, “Southern Accents”.


Then a great thing happened when we found the “hecho en Mexico” coke at a gas station in Ocala. If you’ve never had coke made with sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup then you need to.

3 comments:

Christi said...

I love "Mexican" Coke it just tastes so much better. I am lucky because the Walmart that is near my house sells them. : )
I am glad you got to have one.

Cassie said...

I can't say that I've had a coke with sugar rather than high fructose corn syrup, but I'll but it on my list of things to do.. :)

alan said...

Welcome to Gator Country! There is certainly a noticable difference between the two Cokes. I was served a "Mexican Coke" on a flight from Denver to Atlanta. Liked the sugar version much better than the fructose.